Win a family day out to Sandringham Estate
Fancy winning a family day out to Sandringham Estate including lunch?
It's the much-loved country retreat of her majesty the Queen and has been the private home of four generations of British monarchs.
We have teamed up with Sandringham giving you the chance to explore the most famous of stately homes. Enjoy the majestic surroundings, beautiful gardens and fascinating museum, you can then retire and relax over a two-course lunch served in the Sandringham Restaurant.
Sandringham offers an absorbing day out in the heart of the North Norfolk countryside. Built-in 1870 by the Prince and Princess of Wales, later King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, it was once described as 'the most comfortable house in England'. It has been passed down as a private home through four generations of British monarchs and is now the country retreat of Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh.
Still maintained in the style of Edward and Alexandra, all the main ground floor rooms used by The Royal Family are open to the public and provide a magnificent setting for collections of treasured portraits, furniture and objets d'art. In 2019 you can enjoy our brand new Multi-Media guide that will enable every visitor to fully appreciate why this family home is so special.
More family possessions are displayed in the Museum housed in the old stable and coach houses, including vehicles ranging in date from a 1900 Daimler - the first car owned by a British monarch - to a half-scale Aston Martin used by Princes William and Harry, and a photographic exhibition in the Museum shows the history of Sandringham House from 1870 to the present day.
The sixty-acre gardens include the formal North Garden, the Stream Walk and Queen Alexandra's Summerhouse, perched above the lake; the formal planting of the Edwardian age has given way to great sweeping glades, bordered by splendid specimen trees and shrubs, to create an informal garden full of colour and interest throughout the year.
With so much to see and do and a warm and friendly welcome whenever you visit, Sandringham is the epitome of English country house life – don't miss it!
To be in with a chance of winning this fabulous family day out, answer the multiple choice question below correctly to be entered into the draw.
- The following rules ("Specific Rules") together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.anglianradio.com/rules/(the "Competition Terms and Conditions") of Celador Radio & Anglian Radio (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to 'Sandringham AV' radio competition (the "Competition") which will run from 17/06/19 to 27/06/19 on Radio Norwich, North Norfolk Radio, The Beach, Dream 100, and Town 102.
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an "Entrant") will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must:
- Complete an entry form on the radio station website. The form will open for entries at 00.00 on 17/06/19 and close at 23.59 on 27/06/19. All mandatory fields must be completed.
- All Entrants selected to play may be required to partake in a phone call with a presenter from the radio station. The call may be recorded and played on-air and online. If the caller doesn't answer their phone, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, or cannot continue the call for any reason, the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
- Entrants need to answer a multiple choice question correctly on the station webpage to be entered into the draw.
- The winner will be selected at random from all the correct entries.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition
9. 2-course lunch in the Sandringham restaurant to 2 adults and 2 children plus entry to the House, Gardens and Museum.